- » Basic Massage Session
- » Customize
- » Lomi Lomi (Free Add-on)
- » Deep Tissue (Free Add-on)
- » 2 Hour Massage & Training
- » Mind Massage (Free Add-on)
- » Prenatal Massage (Free Ad-on)
- » bodyCushion(TM) (Free Add-on)
Basic Massage Session
Your basic massage session can be Swedish, Lomi Lomi, Deep Tissue and/or Prenatal. These are all very therapeutic, relaxing massage styles. If you are looking for a thorough, therapeutic massage I recommend my 2 hour session. See the discount that can be applied to this longer session under "Fees". (The actual length of the 2 hour session varies from one and a half hours to three hours depending on your needs, desires, and time constraints.)
You can combine any or all of the styles of massage at no additional charge. Using Swedish as your base massage, you can add Deep Tissue which is a more physically therapeutic massage with longer lasting benefits and/or add Lomi Lomi style strokes for a more relaxing, emotionally therapeutic, nurturing massage. Add Mind Massage, which is a bineural beat soundtrack, to relax your mind. You may also add a bodyCushion™*. There is no extra charge for any of the add-ons.
Other modalities are used (ie. stretching, trigger point, muscle release, etc.) as needed and desired.
Warmed, organic oils and/or massage cream are used. Hot towels are used to remove excess lubricant and to relax muscles.
*A bodyCushion™ cannot be used if the Lomi Lomi option is selected.
1. EXTENT – You choose the parts of your body to be massaged and those parts to be avoided. You can have a full or a very focused massage.
2. PRESSURE – You choose light, medium and/or deep pressure.
3. DRAPING – For your privacy you choose the draping style you are comfortable with. You may choose Full Sheet, Full Sheet/Open Side, or Minimum.
4. CHEST – Your massage may include upper chest above breasts only, all muscle attachments, full chest, or exclude entire chest.
5. STYLE – You choose Swedish (relaxing & therapeutic), Deep Tissue (more therapeutic), and/or Lomi Lomi (more intimate feel & more relaxing) for the basic style of your massage. You can combine them all in one massage or have the whole session be one style.
6. LUBRICANT - I use warmed, organic coconut oil with a little olive oil and massage cream. You can choose the lubricant you want used.
7. TEMPERATURE- The room temperature is adjusted to what you like and is recorded in your record to keep you comfortable at all times for all sessions.
8. TONE – The tonal quality of your massage may be clinical, relaxing, and/or nurturing. My touch can convey any one or any combination of these qualities. You choose the feel of your session.
9. MANY MODALITIES ARE USED - I not only use Swedish, Lomi Lomi, and/or Deep Tissue modalities, but I also use some Positional & Spontaneous Muscle Release, Passive & Active Stretching, Trigger Point, Reflexology, Thai Massage, Shiatsu Massage, Myofascial Release, CranioSacral Therapy, Lymphatic Drainage, etc. modalities as needed and desired.
10. MIND MASSAGE - You may also choose to listen to sound therapy tracks using binaural beat technology that puts the brain into peaceful, meditative states during your massage at no extra charge. This is a wonderful de-stressing tool.
11. BRING YOUR COMPANION - Bring your spouse, companion, or friend with you for a couples massage, to sit in on your massage, to receive training, or to wait in my waiting room. My waiting room is furnished with streaming TV, an electric massage chair, reading material, water, and refreshments.
Lomi Lomi (Free Add-on)
*Note that LomiLomi requires minimum draping as seen in the image and has a more intimate feel to it.
Deep Tissue (Free Add-on)
You may add Deep Tissue to all or part of your massage session for no additional charge. Deep Tissue Massage is a form of bodywork that aims to relieve tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. Deep Tissue Massage is a highly effective method for releasing chronic stress areas due to misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries. When done right, deep tissue involves minimal discomfort and longer lasting, more effective therapeutic benefits. You can have your entire massage be Deep Tissue oriented or just specific areas of the body.
2 Hour Massage & Training
Receive a 2 hour, 4 hand, full-body massage with hands-on training for your partner from a professional Licensed Massage Therapist and your partner. You will receive a copy of the "Tranquil Toad Massage Protocol for Couples".
Mind Massage (Free Add-on)
This is a free add on using Centerpointe's Holosync(R) technology. You can add this to any massage session. You listen to a sound track for part of your massage which puts the brain into peaceful meditative states. It is used in my massage sessions simply to calm and de-stress the brain at the beginning of the session. Go to www.centerpointe.com for more information regarding this technology.
Prenatal Massage (Free Ad-on)
Pregnancy is a time when a woman's body endures tremendous stress due to dramatic physical and emotional changes. Using various techniques specially developed for the expecting mother, Prenatal* massage helps release the pain and discomfort experienced throughout pregnancy and after birth. The benefits are profound, including emotional support, the relief of joint pain, and improved breathing and relaxation. The bodyCushion™ from "Body Support Systems" is used to provide optimal comfort.
*The Lomi Lomi option is not available for Prenatal sessions.
bodyCushion(TM) (Free Add-on)
You may choose to have your massage on a *bodyCushion™ rather than on just the flat massage table. This provides extra comfort and therefore relaxation during your massage. The bodyCushion™ prevents the normal stresses experienced on a flat table.
*The bodyCushion™ option is not available if you select the LomiLomi massage option.